Monday 12 October 2009

Panda mask

I didn't have the materials, or the time to get my mask finished in college, so i had to take it home to complete it.
This is an image of my mask in the stage before i added fur to it, to complete it.
To get to its current position, i made the frame of my mask out of chicken wire, it was really difficult and time consuming, because i had to bend and twist every single little strand of wire.
After i made the frame, i then covered it in tin foil, so the paper mache could grip and set properly. I then covered it in multiple layers of paper mache, to add strength and texture to my mask.



And here are images of my mask completed after i added fur. I used black and white fur, becuase thats what colours a panda is. i choose fur instead of painting to give it a more authentic look.
i cut the fur into strips and shapes, fur the ears and eyes for easy application, i used a glue to apply the fur and make sure it was durable and sustainable.

Overall, i am very pleased with the result, and wouldn't change anything if i were to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment